• APPLE VALLEY 83, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 64: Tyus Jones knows how to score, but he can distribute the ball as well. The sophomore guard led all scorers with 32 points but also handed out 11 assists, as Class 4A, No. 5 Apple Valley cruised past Bloomington Kennedy in the South Suburban.
• BLAINE 75, ELK RIVER 70 (OT): Senior forward Josh Limberg's three-pointer at the buzzer tied it at the end of regulation, and his basket in overtime gave the Bengals the lead for good in their Northwest Suburban triumph over the Elks. Limberg finished with 22 points. Blaine forward Tanner Schumacher led all scorers with 28 points.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 65, WAYZATA 61: The Class 4A, No. 4 Trojans are finding out that life in the Lake is a little more difficult than their nonconference slate. Eden Prairie handed the Trojans their second loss in the past three games after opening the season with 16 consecutive victories. Junior guard Grant Shaeffer scored 20 points, leading four Eden Prairie players in double figures. Wayzata junior forward Zach Robertson also had 20 points.
• HOPKINS 93, EDINA 79: The Royals (19-1) appear destined to move back into familiar territory -- No. 1. Senior forward Zach Stahl scored 27 points, leading Class 4A, No. 2 Hopkins past the Hornets in Lake play. Stahl was out of the Royals' lineup when they suffered their only loss of the season, 76-71 at Benilde-St. Margaret's in the middle of December.
• MONTICELLO 71, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 69 (OT): Sophomore guard Brody Grantz scored with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, lifting the Magic over the Bluejackets in the Mississippi 8. Monticello missed the last shot of regulation. Grantz finished with 10 points.
• RED WING 55, NORTHFIELD 54: Senior Ryan Parr's free throw in the closing seconds broke a tie and gave the Wingers a victory over the Raiders in the Missota. Parr wound up with nine points on the night.
• ROSEVILLE 83, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 82: Senior guard Emeche Wells' basket at the buzzer gave Class 4A, No. 8 Roseville a victory over No. 10 Cretin-Derham Hall in Suburban East play. Cretin-Derham Hall took an 82-81 lead on a basket by senior forward C.J. Neumann with 9 seconds to play. Roseville junior guard Mackenzie Johnson hit six three-pointers en route to a 24-point performance. Cretin-Derham Hall seniors Cortez Tillman and Taylor Montero each had 23 points.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 61, MAHTOMEDI 47: Thomas Sjoberg took the game into his own hands from the outset. The senior guard scored 26 of his 36 points in the first half, when the Cadets built a 16-point lead en route to the Classic Suburban victory. Sjoberg hit six three-pointers.
Tag(s): Metro East Lake Mississippi 8 Missota Northwest Northwest Suburban Prairie South Suburban Suburban East Valley Mahtomedi St. Thomas Academy Eden Prairie Edina Wayzata Cambridge-Isanti Monticello Northfield Red Wing Benilde-St. Margaret's Blaine Elk River Apple Valley Bloomington Kennedy Eastview Lakeville North Cretin-Derham Hall Roseville Hopkins All Articles Hub Exclusives Star Tribune Metro East Mahtomedi St. Thomas Academy Lake Eden Prairie Edina Hopkins Wayzata Mississippi 8 Cambridge-Isanti Monticello Missota Northfield Red Wing Benilde-St. Margaret's Northwest Northwest Suburban Blaine Elk River Prairie South Suburban Apple Valley Bloomington Kennedy Eastview Lakeville North Suburban East Cretin-Derham Hall Roseville Valley