CLASS 4A • SECTION 7 SEMIFINALS
• BLAINE 67, ANOKA 61: In a game with 12 lead changes in the second half, Tanner Schumacher's three-pointer with 1:34 left gave Blaine the lead that counted, a 59-56 advantage that the Bengals would not relinquish. They held on by converting seven of eight free throws in the final minute. Schumacher, a senior forward, led all scorers with 22 points and teammate Alex Cappard added 20, including a perfect 8-for-8 from the free-throw line. Anoka star guard Marcus Tyus battled foul problems and finished with only 13 points, barely half of his season average of 25.8.
CLASS 4A • SECTION 5 SEMIFINALS
• OSSEO 67, MAPLE GROVE 59: Bridge Tusler is better known as a football player. But the senior guard can hoop a little, too, as he showed in a victory over Maple Grove. He scored a season-high 29 points to lead the top-seeded Orioles past the Crimson. Ian Theisen added 15 points and eight rebounds for Osseo.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 56, COOPER 48: Champlin Park found a way to slow down Rashad Vaughn and, in the process, defeat the upset-minded Hawks. Vaughn, a talented sophomore forward, was held to 21 points, five less than his average of 26. Anthony Hill scored 18 points for Champlin Park and Brennan Witt added 14 off the bench.
CLASS 3A • SECTION 4 SEMIFINALS
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 59, HILL-MURRAY 56: The Cadets won the rubber game of the series, knocking off the Pioneers in the third game between the Classic Suburban foes. The two teams had split the regular-season series.
CLASS 2A • SECTION 4 SEMIFINALS
• CONCORDIA ACADEMY 58, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 54 [OT]: The No. 2-seeded Beacons needed overtime to beat No. 7 seeded St. Paul Academy. Zach Osmundson led the Beacons with 16 points and Christian Koehn added 13.
CLASS 1A • SECTION 4 SEMIFINALS
• PRAIRIE SEEDS 78, FAIR CHARTER 75: Prairie Seeds guard Devin Buckley lost the scoring battle but the Lycans won the war, holding off FAIR 78-75. FAIR's Devonte Blakemore led all scorers with 38 points.