Too much contact?
NCAA men’s basketball recruiting communication guidelines at a glance:
• Before October 2011: Coaches were limited to once-a-month phone calls from June 15 after a player’s sophomore year through July 31 of the junior year, and twice per week beginning Aug. 1 before the senior year.
• After October 2011: Unlimited phone calls, text messages and social messaging. Prospective student-athletes could receive no limit of phone calls and electronic contact beginning June 15 before their junior year.
What it means for
• Freshmen and sophomores: Still limited access. Nothing direct unless instigated by the athlete.
• Juniors: Unlimited contact.
• Seniors: Unlimited contact.