||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 67, EASTVIEW 49: The Panthers bounced back from their first loss of the season and showed they can win without a huge game from J.P. Macura. The junior foward, who went into the game averaging 30.8 points per game, was held to 13, but Lakeville North managed to hold Eastveiw to 49 points. The Panthers took control of the game in the opening minutes of the second half with an 11-0 run. Ben Oberfeld led Eastview with 10 points.
• MINNETONKA 83, BLAKE 73: Sophomore guard Andrew Grosz scored a team-high 25 points and handed out five assists as No. 8, 4A Minnetonka powered its way past the No. 3, 3A Bears. Riley Dearring added 16 points for Minnetonka while forward Mike Fernando provided a large dose of grit, scoring 12 points and hauling down eight rebuonds. Guard John Veil led Blake, which lost its second game in a row, with 26 points.
• APPLE VALLEY 80, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 67: Showing they are more than just Tyus Jones' supporting cast, the No. 2, 4A Eagles won their second game in a row without their star guard, out indefinitely with a back injury. Freshman center Brock Bertram dominated the lane, making 12 of 16 field goal attempts for a team-high 25 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. Guard Dustin Fronk provided the outside game, making seven of 11 shots from the floor, including four three-pointers. Apple Valley shot 57.7 percent (30-for-52).
• MAHTOMEDI 83, TARTAN 80: Jackson Hull doesn't score much, but he makes his points count. The junior, who was averaging just 4.6 points per game, made a half-court three-pointer at the buzzer to give the Zephyrs the upset victory over the No. 4, 4A Titans. Hull finished with a season-high 16 points.
• WACONIA 74, CHASKA 61: Tied 28-28 at halftime, the Wildcats pulled away in the second half to improve to 6-1. Ryan Boll's 18 points led four Waconia players in double figures.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 69, FOREST LAKE 59: Long-range bombing was the chosen method of success for the Raiders, who made 10 three-pointers. Sophomore guard Sam Neumann led Cretin-Derham Hall, making four three-pointers and finishing with 31 points.
• WAYZATA 64, ORONO 56 [OT]: The Trojans turned what looked to be an easy victory into a struggle. Wayzata led 35-18 at halftime but went cold midway through the second half, allowing Orono to rally and force overtime. Zach Robertson scored 20 points for Wayzata, which scored the first two baskets in overtime and pulled away.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 59, STILLWATER 58: The Bears rallied from a 12-point second-half deficit to knock Stillwater from the ranks of the unbeaten. Beau Smit scored 16 points and Steve Hjelmberg 15 for the Bears.
Tag(s): Hub exclusives Star Tribune Mahtomedi Tartan North Lake Minnetonka Wayzata Chaska Apple Valley Bloomington Kennedy Eastview Lakeville North Cretin-Derham Hall Forest Lake Stillwater White Bear Lake Blake Valley North Orono Waconia