Blake topples Chaska on buzzer-beating 3-pointer
• BLAKE 61, CHASKA 60: Junior guard John Veil scored a game-high 22 points, topped off by a 30-foot fadeaway three-pointer as time ran out to give the Bears the road victory Tuesday night. J.R. Bascomb added 18 points for Blake while Jacob Hansen led Chaska with 19.
• ANOKA 58, ROGERS 57: Torry Ledin's three-pointer with 13 seconds lifted Anoka to victory. The Tornadoes had given up an eight-point halftime lead before they were rescued by Ledin's trey.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 77, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 74: Tanner Hinck made six of his seven shots, scoring a game-high 18 points, and three players -- Alex Rost, Beau Smit and Stevie Hjelmberg -- had 13 points each as White Bear Lake outscored Lakeville South 44-34 in the second half to pull out the victory. The Bears won on the strength of their free-throw shooting, making 16 of 20 from the line.
Simley rallies past Benilde-St. Margaret's
• SIMLEY 57, BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 55: Future Minnesota Gopher Grace Coughlin scored 28 points, but it wasn't enough for No. 7, 3A Benilde-St. Margaret's as host Simley battled back from a 13-point halftime deficit to win. Alexis Boyd-Lockett scored 20 points and Abby Kain had 15 points and 16 rebounds for the Spartans.
• ST. PAUL CENTRAL 71, CHANHASSEN 69 (OT):Junior center Rayna Sherow scored a game-high 27 points and the Minutemen needed all of them to slip past Chanhassen in overtime.
• MAPLE GROVE 61, ANDOVER 55: The Crimson trailed by seven points at halftime but rallied with a strong second half. Four players scored in double-figures for Maple Grove, led by 14 points each from Cora Bourbonais and Angie Davison.
• HILL-MURRAY 55, TOTINO-GRACE 52: The Pioneers raced out to a 31-18 halftime lead, then held off a late Totino-Grace rally. Kaitlin Langer scored 17 points and Olivia Graskewicz chipped in 10 for Hill-Murray.
Edina edges Prior Lake
• EDINA 2, PRIOR LAKE 1: The Lakers had upset on their minds while playing host to undefeated and No. 2, Class 2A Edina. They nearly pulled it off, but lost in the final minute. The Lakers tied the score 1-1 on Blake Busch's goal at 1:07 of the third period but Edina's Connor Hurley notched the game-winner at 16:09 of the final period. Prior Lake's Jordan Moran had a terrific game, stopping 34 of 36 shots.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 6, HOLY FAMILY 1: After a scoreless first period, the No. 1, Class 1A Cadets scored three goals each in the second and third periods to pull away. Six different players scored for St. Thomas, which managed 43 shots on goal, 23 in the third period.
• WAYZATA 3, EASTVIEW 1: Matthew Freytag scored twice and goalie Jens Vaughan Ahrens gave up a goal on the first shot he faced, then shut the door, stopping the next 16 as Wayzata improved to 5-1.
• ST. CLOUD CATHEDRAL 4, BRECK 2: Peter Thibault's two third period goals broke a 2-2 tie and gave the No. 5, 1A Crusaders a victory over the No. 2, 1A Mustangs.
• OSSEO 2, BUFFALO 1: Connor Dahlberg made 22 saves and Drake Stimpson broke a 1-1 tie with a goal midway through the third period as Osseo evened its record at 1-1.
Eastview hands Wayzata its first loss of the season
• EASTVIEW 3, WAYZATA 2: Ellie Cardinal's goal 47 seconds into the third period proved to be the game-winner as the Lightning handed the Trojans their first loss of the season. Natalie Snodgras scored twice for Eastview, which won for just the second time.
• APPLE VALLEY 3, EDINA 2 (OT): Erica Power's second goal of the game, an unassisted tally at 6:47 of overtime, gave the Eagles the upset. Edina doubled-up Apple Valley in shots on goal, 28-14, but Eagles' goalie Hailey Sampson stood tall with 26 saves.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 5, CENTENNIAL 4 (OT): Sydney Peluf's goal at 7:42 of overtime salvaged the victory for the Rebels, who gave up a 4-2 third-period lead.
Tag(s): Hub exclusives Star Tribune Hill-Murray St. Thomas Academy Simley Gopher Lake Edina Wayzata Jordan Buffalo Rogers Chanhassen Chaska Benilde-St. Margaret's Totino-Grace Andover Anoka Centennial Champlin Park Maple Grove Osseo Apple Valley Eastview Lakeville South Prior Lake St. Paul Central Park of Cottage Grove White Bear Lake Blake Breck Valley South St. Cloud Cathedral South