||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
The Star Tribune’s 2012 All-Metro team, photographed on the roof of the Star Tribune: from left, Sanjay Lumpkin and Isaiah Zierden of Benilde-St. Margaret’s, Siyani Chambers of Hopkins and Tyus Jones of Apple Valley. Jeff Wheeler, Star Tribune
Benilde-St. Margaret’s | 6-7 | Senior | Forward
Lumpkin has the athleticism to bounce between forward and guard. He can post an opponent, shoot from the perimeter. Lumpkin, who averaged 19.5 points a night, shot nearly 70 percent from two-point range and 82 percent from the free-throw line. He is going to Northwestern.
He is a leader/coach on the floor, and an excellent defender. The Harvard recruit dictates the tempo of the game on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. Chambers has been the Royals’ starting point guard since his sophomore year and has won three consecutive Class 4A state championships.
• Dwight Anderson, Minneapolis Washburn, 6-2, sr., G
• Nate Kratch, Watertown-Mayer, 6-6, sr., F
• Marcus Marshall, St. Paul Johnson, 6-1, sr., G
• C.J. Neumann, Cretin-Derham Hall, 6-7, sr., F
• Darrion Strong, Tartan, 6-0, jr., G
• Reid Travis, DeLaSalle, 6-6, so., F
• Kebu Johnson, Blake, 6-4, jr., F